The fall is upon us, which means earlier sunsets, cooler evenings and the changing leaves, all of which make feel like every night should be spent cuddled up in bed with a good book or movie, a cup of hot chocolate in hand, and a nice pumpkin treat (because how else should an evening be spent? Studying? Nah…!)
I was so happy with the way they turned out because they are light, healthy and delicious, the perfect pumpkin that can be enjoyed guilt-free! I used applesauce instead of oil, which made these muffins incredibly moist.
This is definitely a recipe that I am keeping, but will probably add at least a half-cup of pumpkin puree to make the taste of pumpkin slightly stronger.
I found the recipe on Food.com:
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (or substitute applesauce for this too)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 16 ozs pumpkin
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsps baking soda
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 ozs semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Mix wet ingredients in one bowl, and dry ingredients in another (excluding the chocolate chips).
- Mix the wet and dry mixtures together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Generously fill 24 greased muffin cups.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes at 400˚C.