There’s nothing quite like a warm cup of hot chocolate in the wintertime. Add a cozy blanket, a crackling fireplace and a good book, and we have a winning combination!
I love the special holiday drinks from Second Cup and Starbucks, but I get disappointed at the thought of them not being available anymore after the holidays. So I set out to re-make one of my favorites, the S’mores hot chocolate from Second Cup. It’s the perfect way to combine a summer favorite with the wintery cold.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 Cup of milk (or almond milk)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup small marshmallows
- Whipped cream
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp ground graham crackers
- Over medium heat and with a whisk, continuously stir the milk, sugar and cocoa powder until warm and combined.
- Add ¾ Cup of marshmallows and continue to stir until fully dissolved.
- With your finger (after you’ve washed your hands!) put some honey around the rim of your cup, about an inch all around. Pour the graham crackers crumbs in a small plate. Turn over the cup with the honey rim and cover the rim with the graham crumbs.
- Pour in cup and decorate as you wish! You can add marshmallows or whipped cream, or both!