I wanted to make another easy but fun recipe for the holidays and thought of making chocolate bark. It’s just another great way to impress guests or give to your host if you are going somewhere for dinner during the holidays. There isn’t much more to say about this recipe other than it’s easy and delicious! After a busy week, I took a morning to myself, put on some Michael Bublé and pranced around my kitchen while making this. Yes, there was some shameless dancing involved.
The fun thing about bark is that you can combine any ingredient that you want, like nuts or another favorite candy. Be creative and have fun with it!! Simply replace the candy canes with other ingredients.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 ½ cups (600 g) White chocolate
- ½ cup (100 g) Dark chocolate
- 6 candy canes (or about 1 cup of crushed candy cane)
- Line a pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Crush the candy canes (I broke the candy canes into smaller pieces, placed them in a bowl and then crushed them with a measuring cup).
- Pour the white chocolate in a bowl and place over a boiling pot of hot water. Mix continuously until fully melted.
- Mix in about ¾ cup of the crushed candy canes.
- Pour the white chocolate & candy cane mixture on the parchment paper and even it out to about ¾-inch thickness.
- Melt the dark chocolate and then pour in a Ziploc. Close tightly making sure that it’s sealed and as much of the air is removed. Cut the tip and then pour evenly on top of the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crushed candy canes over the dark chocolate while it’s still soft.
- Cool the bark in the fridge for an hour or two, or until hardened.
- Break apart and enjoy!