Even though other parts of the world are enjoying springtime weather, we were blessed with another snowstorm this week. Since it’s still cold, I just want to eat food that warm me up, like this delicious (and easy) soup!
My cousin first discovered this recipe, and I’ve made tweaks to it over time. That’s the beauty of cooking, you can change a recipe to create your own version of a dish – it’s like a creative outlet. This recipe is pretty versatile, and I’ve left alternative options below. Feel free to play around and adjust it to your taste.
- 1 ½ cup Chicken broth
- Mushrooms (approx. 227 g)
- One head of cauliflower
- One onion
- One big potato
- 1 can (540 mL) white kidney beans
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Salt & pepper
- Prepare all the ingredients: wash mushrooms, cauliflower and potato.
- Roughly cut up the veggies them up.
- Add all the ingredients to a big pot.
- Over medium heat, bring to boil and let the ingredients steam for about 45 minutes.
- Blend everything together.
- Serve while hot!
- Add 1-2 tbsp Italian herbs.
- Add 1/3 cup cream cheese. This makes it a lot more delicious!
- Removing the kidney beans
- Using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth
- Add Sriracha sauce, to taste.